The Club shall be called Clondalkin Celtic football club ( Hereinafter referred to as the Club ) abd it shall seek affiliation to and be bound by the rules of the Football Association of Ireland and the Dublin & District Schoolboy Leagues.
- The object of the Club shall be to arrange football matches and training for each of the playing members of the Club.
- The Club is committed to encouraging the highest ethical standards. All individuals involved in the Club should conduct themselves with integrity, transparency, accountability and in fair equitable manner.
Rules & Regulations
- The Club shall have the status of an Affiliated Member Club of The Football Association of Ireland.
- The Club will abide by The Football Association of Ireland’s Child Protection Policies and Procedures, Codes of Conduct and the Equal Opportunities and Anti-Discrimination Policy.
- The membership shall consist of the following categories:Non-Player Member: a parent, guardian, or grand parent of a Juvenile Player Member. Non-Player Members can vote in General Meetings only on behalf of the Juvenile Player Member(s) they represent and they can be elected to the Club Committee.Juvenile Player Member: a member of the Club Academy attending regular training sessions, or a member of one of the Club’s juvenile teams, i.e. up to and including the Under 17 age team, attending training and being part of that team squad for matches on a regular basis. Each Juvenile Player Member shall be represented by only one non- player member in General Meetings for the purposes of voting. All Player Members have equal status in the club and the Club Committee shall serve all player members equally. A Parent or Guardian of a juvenile must provide written consent for them to become a Juvenile Player Member.Senior Player Member: a member of one of the Club’s senior teams, should the Club field an Under 18 or older age team, attending training and being part of the team squad for matches on a regular basis. All Player Members have equal status in the club and the Club Committee shall serve all player members equally. Senior Player Members can vote in General Meetings and can be elected to the Club Committee.Members in each category shall pay Membership fees as fixed at each Annual General Meeting. The Club in General Meeting may also require Members to contribute to the funds of the Club by way of a special levy.
- All members joining the Club shall be deemed to accept the terms of this constitution and any bye-laws adopted from time to time by the Club and published on the Club’s website or otherwise notified to the members. Members will also be required to conduct themselves in accordance with the Club’s guidelines and the bye-laws as to discipline set out therein.
- Any person seeking to join the Club and any minor member who reaches the age of eighteen shall submit an application in writing to the Club secretary which shall acknowledge receipt of, or access to review at their leisure, a copy of this constitution and acceptance of its terms with specific reference to the exclusion of liability of officers of the Club contained in paragraph 9(vi). The application of any minor member shall contain a counterpart signed by the minor’s legal guardians pursuant to which such legal guardians agree, as consideration for the minor’s admission to the Club, that they will procure compliance by the minor with the terms of this constitution.
- Membership is open to all and no application for membership will be refused on other than reasonable grounds. There will be no discrimination on grounds of race, occupation or gender
- The Secretary shall keep a Membership Register. In the event of a member’s resignation or expulsion, his or her name shall be removed from the Membership Register.
The Club shall hold an Annual General Meeting in the month of January to:
- Approve the minutes of the previous year’s AGM.
- Receive reports from the Chairperson and Secretary.
- Receive a report from the Treasurer and approve the Annual Accounts.
- Elect the Club Executive Committee.
- Appoint someone responsible for certifying the Club’s accounts.
- Approve the Financial Plan for the current year
- Fix the subscription for the ensuing year.
- Consider changes to the Constitution.
- Review and consider any Bye-laws.
- Deal with other relevant business.
- Nominations for election of members as Club Officers shall be made in writing by the proposer and seconder, both of whom must be existing members of the Club, to the Club Secretary not less than 21 days before the AGM. Notice of any resolution to be proposed at the AGM shall be given in writing to the Club Secretary not less than 21 days before the Meeting.
- A Special General Meeting (SGM) may be called at any time by the majority of the Committee. 10% of the Club Members may also call such a meeting. The meeting must take place within 21 days of the Secretary receiving notice of the request. Business at an SGM may be any business that may be transacted at an AGM.
- The Chairman / Secretary shall send to each member at their last known address written notice of the date of a General Meeting together with the resolutions to be proposed at least 14 days before the Meeting.
- The quorum for a General Meeting shall be twenty one.
- The Chairman / Secretary or in their absence a member selected by the Club Committee, shall take the chair. Each member present shall have one vote and resolutions shall be passed by a simple majority. In the event of an equality of votes the Chairperson of the Meeting shall have a casting vote.
- The Club Secretary, or in their absence a member of the Club Committee, shall enter Minutes of General Meetings into the Minute Book of the Club.
- Voting shall be by a show of hands followed by ballot if deemed necessary by the Chairperson of the meeting.
Finance & Accounts
The Financial year shall run from January to January each year.
The Treasurer shall be responsible for the preparation of Annual Accounts for the Club.
All cheques drawn against the Clubs funds shall be signed by the Treasurer and two nominated committee members.
All members of the Club shall be responsible for the financial liabilities of the Club.
At its first meeting following each AGM, the Club Committee shall appoint a Club member to be responsible for each of the Club’s football teams. The appointed members shall be responsible for managing the affairs of the team. The appointed members shall present to the Club Committee at its last meeting prior to an AGM a written report on the activities of the team. All teams shall be treated and served equally by the Club Committee.
The Club is a non-profit making organisation. All profits and surpluses will be used to maintain or improve or develop the club’s facilities or to carry out objects of the association to which it is affiliated. No profit or surplus will be distributed other than to another non-profit making body on a winding-up or dissolution of the Club.
If, upon the winding up or dissolution of the Club there remains after the satisfaction of all its debts and liabilities any property whatsoever, the same shall be transferred to some other organisation or organisations having objects similar to the objects of the club by resolution passed at a General Meeting or in the absence of such a resolution to the Association to which the Club is affiliated.